Most of the Mumbai based institutes are conducting their PGDM interviews online in the current situation. Though the initial interviews conducted by these institutes had pretty relaxed interviews with hardly any grilling, some of the institutes are resorting to stressing students out with difficult questions. In this post, you will find a compilation of questions that have been asked to students over the last few weeks. I will keep updating this post as we progress through the season.
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your areas of improvement?
- Tell me about your family.
- Why should we select you?
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What kind of books do you read?
- Who is your Role Model?
- Are you a leader or manager?
- Who is your Favorite Singer?
- What was your favorite subject in college?
- How are you spending your time right now?
- One cause you will support in the current situation?
- What positive message you will give in this situation?
- What do you think about the current COVID situation?
- What is that one new thing you learnt during lock-down which you never thought you would do?
- How will COVID impact the IT sector?
- How will COVID impact the employment situation in India?
- Impact on Hotel industry during lock-down.
- News that you have read other than COVID?
MBA/Career/College specific questions
- Why do you want to pursue MBA?
- Why do you want to join xyz institute?
- Have you applied to other institutes? If yes, where?
- How will you contribute to xyz institute?
- Which committee do you want to join?
- What are your long term career goals?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What’s your dream company?
- What are the pros and cons of working in a family business?
- How did you get to know about xyz institute and what do you know about xyz institute?
- What can be done to improve the college website?
- If you switch your career now, won’t your earlier experience go waste?
- Are you comfortable with locating to another place for job?
- What was your contribution to your employer?
- Why PGDM? Why not MMS?
Personal view/opinion questions
- What are your views on using social media to promote a brand?
- Was demonetization a good decision?
- What do you think of the current COVID situation?
- What are the qualities of a good leader?
- Comment on the current economic situation.
GK/Current affairs questions
- Who is the defense minister?
- Who is the finance minister?
- Who is the Vice President of India?
- What is a forward and a future contract?
- What are bonds?
- Which domain of Finance are you interested in?
- Which bank is the best according to you and why?
- Questions on GST
- What do you mean by Portfolio risks? Explain.
- What is an audit?
- Latest changes in regulations that deal with liquidation.
- Questions on tax computation.
- Prepaid Expense Entry
- Golden Rules of Accounting
- Investment options available in the market
- NIFTY/SENSEX figure
- How to perform valuation of a company?
- What is repo rate?
- What is the current repo rate ?
- what is reverse repo rate?
- What is marginal standing facility?
- What is Fundamental Analysis and technical analysis?
- What is the difference between money market and capital market? Who regulates them?
- What is monetary policy and fiscal policy?
- Committee and structure of monetary policy?
- What is inflation?
- Which area of marketing do you want to specialize in?
- Why marketing after experience in Engineering/Science domain?
- What is SEO/SEM?
- What is the difference between sales and marketing?
- Favorite marketing/advertising campaigns.
- How can marketing contribute to society?
- Two brands you like and two brands you dislike
- Why HR and what do you understand by HR?
- What are the different roles in HR?
As it’s difficult to conduct a traditional GD online, some of the institutes are conducting a process called “General Discussion” where a topic is given to the student and the student is asked to speak on it for 3-4 minutes.
- Can India be aatmnirbhar in a globally integrated economy?
- Electric vehicles in India
- Rise in fake news
- Five employees go on a strike. Should they be thrown out of the company?
- The country needs trade and not aid.
- Individual data Privacy
- Women are better at multitasking, agree or disagree?
- Imagination is more Powerful than knowledge.
- Involving the army in civil tasks, do you think they are better crisis managers?
- Role of youth in our country
- Terrorism is a new threat to Global Peace
- Will India be able to double Farmers’ income in the next five years?
Keep visiting this space for more updates on CET admission, cutoffs, topper’s interviews, and preparation strategies. Please get in touch if you need any help. If there are any queries, please leave them in the comments below and allow me a few days to get back. Share this with your friends and co-aspirants. Happy prepping! 🙂